Here’s my progress in updating the lessons and the homework. Added About Fan-Made Words Updated: Intro, Chapters one, three, four, five, and six, lessons (and homework assignments for) 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 3.1, and 6.1. Since there’s a new chapter, Intermediate Students are now on 6.1. There are new homework
More updates to announce: I’m finally finishing the updated homework! I’m replacing the RTFs with Open Office files, because anyone can install Open Office for free, and you can insert the needed special characters with it. I’ve started applying the stuff learned from Vinyar Tengwar #50… but only easy things
I just finished the Chapter 6 Lesson 3 homework. It’s a long, melodramatic conversation between an Exile and a Sinda. I had so much fun writing it!
Chapter 8 and Chapter 6 are fused. I’m working on a new Chapter 8, which will be all about dialects of Sindarin. I’ve finished two lessons so far, and am planning a third. The new homework assignments aren’t written yet, and the links to them will get you an error
Chapter 6 is rewritten with a lot more examples and comparative charts with English. The homework will follow soon, I hope!
I’ve been rewriting bits and pieces of the homework assignments throughout the semester, but today I rewrote some older assignments: Chapter 3 lesson 3 and 4 (a brand new lesson. Not new material, I just broke up lesson 3.) Chapter 6 lesson 2, and chapter 7 lesson 4 (I apparently
Some of you may know this already, but last Saint Nicolas’ Day, my grandfather died. We were quite close. He was a brilliant anthropologist and quite gifted at learning languages. If you want to know more about him, do a search on Frank Bessac. I miss him terribly, to the
I’m slowly uploading new homework assignments as I finish them. Chapter 4 has been updated and compressed. Information on -eg/-ig has been added to Chapter 6, Lesson 2. A schedule for the new semester system has been completed and can be found here.
As some of you may know, my website was kicked offline last month because it apparently had run out of bandwidth. To set the record straight: No it hadn’t run out of bandwidth. There was a problem with the server’s ability to tally the usage of my website, making it
Even though I can’t afford a copy of it yet, I got wind of some intriguing information about Sindarin negation in Parma Eldalamberon 17 and updated the Sindarin negation section.